Access Statement For Mesyow Chy
Chark Country Holidays is a small complex of 5 self-catering cottages converted from the original granite built farm courtyard. Currently one cottage has full wheelchair access. The site is on farm, surrounded by grazing fields and woodland, and there are leisure areas including a pets’ paddock and play area with trampoline. There are also adjacent stables for guests to accommodate their own horses.
• Enquiries and booking can be made by phone, e-mail or post
• There is a basic website for information
• Nearest small town is Lostwithiel 1 1/2 miles (unsuitable for walking due to the gradient)
• Nearest town with large supermarkets is Bodmin 3 miles
• Nearest railway station is Lostwithiel 2 miles
• Nearest bus stops are at Lostwithiel and Bodmin
• We can arrange collection from bus or train, however we recommend guests have their own transport otherwise activities will be limited.
• Most local taxi firms have at least one accessible vehicle
• Mobility equipment hire available in St Austell 6 miles. We can arrange delivery or collection of equipment prior to guests’ arrival.
• Tesco Direct will deliver shopping, or we can fill a shopping order ready for guests' arrival.
All cottages have BT landlines for incoming calls which can also make 999 calls in a emergency. Guests can pass contact numbers to relatives or friends. Mobile reception is sketchy in the area and is not helped by the thick granite walls. Nearest public payphone is at Lanlivery 1.5 miles, guests can also request to use the farmhouse telephone.
• Access statement available on request by post or e-mail.
• Car parking is directly outside the cottage on level tarmac with space for two cars and ample room to manoeuvre.
• Soft outdoor lighting is provided for after dark arrivals
• We live on site and will be there for your arrival to provide any assistance you require
Main Entrance & Reception
• Front door has clear opening of 77 cm, with a flat accessible threshold.
• Door is hinged on the right and opens directly into the open plan kitchen/dining and living area
• Floors throughout the whole cottage (except bathroom) are of sealed solid oak. There are various rugs with non-slip underlay. Any rug proving an obstacle can be removed on request.
• Walls are all tough matt vinyl emulsion in magnolia.
• Ample lighting throughout the cottage is provided by low voltage spotlights set onto the exposed wooden beams.
• Central heating is provided throughout by external oil fired boiler. Radiators can be controlled by guests via thermostatic valves.
Dining and Lounge area
• Open plan kitchen/lounge diner
• Kitchen table is oval on central pedestal. Four chairs with no arms provided, there is also a carver chair and a perching stool is available on request. Position of table can be arranged for any specific distance requirements between table and kitchen units.
• Lounge area has 3 seater leather sofa, and an electric rise/recline chair. Freesat satellite tv is provided which includes radio stations. A dvd player is provided and both tv and dvd have remote controls. A simulated fireplace is fitted with an electric woodburner style heater.
• Lounge area has patio doors 100cm clear opening to the rear patio and lawn. Ramp to outside patio can be provided with 7cm drop over 80 cm length.
• The kitchen is provided with a front loading washer drier, and there is a rotary clothes line in the garden. Pegs are provided. Iron and ironing board and clothes airer are also provided.
• There is a play area 30m from the cottage which can be accessed from the rear via lawn with 2 grass ramps, or from the front door via a combination of tarmac, gravel and concrete areas, and then 5 slightly uneven granite steps with rises of 16cm approx and 60 cm width. Play area includes 14ft circular trampoline with safety net surround, accessed by wooden steps with handrail. There are 2 custom built swings with wooden seats and there is also a small sandpit with sea sand. Play area surface is grass.
The Pets’ paddock has a range of tame domestic animals including hens, guinea pigs, goats and ponies. During the summer months baby calves in the paddock are bottle fed twice a day.
• Bedroom one is accessed via a corridor 123cm wide to the left of the front door. Door to bedroom has 77cm clear opening. There is also a door to the bedroom directly from the tarmac outside with 78 cm clear opening over a flat accessible threshold. Double bed (4’ 6” x 6’ 3”) is metal frame with height to top of mattress 60cm and clear under space of 22cm. Bed height can be raised with blocks if needed. Turning space of 130 cm beside can be increased on one side by moving bed. Space from bed end to wall is 220cm. There is a wall mounted clothes rail height 129 cm. Pine bedside cabinets have touch lamps.
• Bedroom two is accessed across the lounge area to the right of the front entrance. The door has 780 clear opening. Twin 3' divan beds (3’ x 6’ 3”) are provided of height 60cm. Beds can be zipped and linked if required. Dressing table height is 79cm. Bedside cupboards have switched lamps. There is a torch in a bedside cupboard in each of the bedrooms. A hairdryer is provided in the top dressing table drawer.
• Entrance to bathroom is on the right from the corridor to bedroom one.
• Door with clear opening 78cm is hinged on right and opens inward.
• Hand basin on the left height is 84 and is wall mounted with no pedestal or enclosed plumbing.
• Fixed vertical grab rails are to either side of sink.
Toilet is situated in far left corner of room from the door. Transfer space is to the right of the toilet. Toilet height is 41cm and there is an optional seat raiser. Fold down rail to right of toilet 50 to 70 cm height and fixed grab rail to left of toilet 70cm height.
The bathtub is 54cm height and 166 length (ext.) with centre plughole and mixer tap with telephone style shower head.
• Bathroom is wet floor type with non-slip ceramic tiling.
• Mixer shower with extended riser rail is situated in the near right hand corner of bathroom behind the entrance door. A static shower chair is provided with removal arms and adjustable height. Area is enclosed by shower curtain.
• Fixed rail 70 cm height on right of shower with fold down rail to the right.
• All taps have lever handles.
• Partially adapted kitchen. Worktop height 90cm, with ceramic hob height 73 cm. Sink has knee under space. Mixer tap on sink has lever handles. Fridge/Freezer tower is 2/3 fridge 1/3 freezer to facilitate access to fridge from wheelchair height. There is a full size integrated dishwasher to the right of the sink.
• Range of cupboards under worktop and in wall units. Crockery and glasses can be rearranged to suit specific access requirements on request e.g. moved from wall units to under unit cupboards. Microwave oven is above built in oven, but a second microwave can be provided on request to sit on worktop.
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
• Included in the holiday is an optional complimentary horse and cart ride. This is weather dependent, and the user must be able to make 2 steps up of 30cm each and be able to sit independently.
Grounds and Gardens
• To the rear, accessed by the patio doors is a large patio (with textured flagstones) and large lawn area, all on level ground. Garden furniture is currently green pvc tables and chairs but is being upgraded to custom built timber seating. The tarmac area at the front of the cottage adjoins a large central patio area of textured flagstones with seating, shared by all guests.
• A gas barbecue is available on request.
• There is level access into the lower part of the pets paddock via an 80cm wide gate from the tarmac onto a concrete path.
• Level access to the duck pond 40m away is all on tarmac.
• Address: Chark Farm Redmoor Bodmin Cornwall PL30 5AR
• Telephone: 01208 871118
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.charkfarm.co.uk
• Hours of operation: 24 hour availability of owners living on site
• Emergency number: 07730 512873
• Local equipment hire companies: The mobility centre 01726 624060
• Local accessible taxi numbers: Parnells Taxis 01208 75000
Bodmin Taxis 01208 75000